Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

At our last Thanksgiving celebration, we sat at a huge feast half a world away from our son & daughter while they experienced a "typical" day in Ghana.  Honestly, I don't know the details of that specific day for them, but I remember crying because I wasn't sure if they'd be fed AT ALL that day.  Their orphanage had flooded just weeks before.  The children were displaced for several weeks and had little to no resources.  I remember being thankful for the 2 weeks Sam & I spent with them in October and I remember falling to my knees as I cried out to God to PLEEEEASE bring them home for Christmas.  He heard my prayers, and as you probably know, Liam & Cora arrived in America on December 24, 2011.  Christmas Eve.  

Fast forward one year to Thanksgiving 2012...and again we sit half a world away from our children.  This year my prayers are not for them to be home for Christmas (which would be essentially impossible)...but rather my prayer is for our daughters to know that we love them and that we are fighting for them every step of the way.  I pray that their bellies are filled and their hearts & minds are guarded against the rottenness that surrounds them.  I pray that they never lose hope or faith that God WILL bring them home to us.  I pray that whatever obstacles may fall in our path, that we will persevere and continue forward for them as we have promised...as God has commanded us to do.

As I prepare for our first celebration of Thanksgiving Day with Liam & Cora at our table, I am filled with joy and sorrow.  I am overwhelmed with smiles and tears.  I am, above all else, THANKFUL that God has brought our family closer to Him through all our trials and I pray He continues to sustain us as we venture forth as a family of six, preparing to be a family of eight...


Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise your glorious name.
~ 1 Chronicles 29:13 ~

No comments:

Post a Comment